Job Openings at Elevology
Junior Network Administrator / Helpdesk
Elevology is seeking a customer oriented Junior Network Administrator to join our growing and stable organization. The Junior Network Administrator will be responsible for assisting the CEO with all overall IT support for internal network and primarily our IT Support to our customers. We offer Web Hosting via cPanel and Dedicated cPael servers to our clients. We also provide IT services to our clients under our ElevateTechnology.com brand.
This role will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software to external customers, Elevology systems and staff. You will responds to technical requests, managed RMM programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions.
This is a work from home position. You must be available to go onsite to client locatoin 1-2 days and during emergencies in the Houston Metropolitan area. This job pays 40K - 50K depending on experience level.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware via the helpdesk.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Train computer users, make suggestions to customers.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email support tickets for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Excellent verbal skills must be able to speak clearly and to articulate information effectively.
- Must understand the features and limitations of modern communication tools such as e-mail, cell phones, voicemail, etc. Ability to identify issues, trends, and opportunities for the company.
- Motivated to seek out and self-learn applicable technologies for company’s needs.
- Proven Track Record of excellent support skills.
- Bi-Lingual a Plus.
Knowledge and understanding of the following a plus for the network administration portion of the role:
- VMWare ESXi
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- Patch Management
- Remote Desktop Services
- Server 2008R2 and 2012R2
- Microsoft Licensing
- Dell Servers and Switches
- Cisco ASA and Meraki Equipment
- Data Domain Equipment
- SAN Equipment (NetAPP)
- Commvault Backup Software
- Non-Technical Skills
- Special Projects
- Managing our customer Ticket Queue for customer requests and technical issues
- Provide great Phone Support our customers
- Provide Remote Desktop Support services to our customers and to their networks
- Provide hands-on network administration support, network maintenance and operations support
- Recommend networking software and hardware enhancements
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and other company networks
- Diagnose and correct network systems issues
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability via RMM Tool
- Evaluate and modify systems performance on desktop and servers
- Identify user needs and make helpful suggestions
- Determine network and system requirements
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the company LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Design and deploy networks for SMB's
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services via AD
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Public Cloud storage Solutions (AWS and Azure)